1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?
The town I grew up in has become more diversified. There are many different cultures represented now. For the most part though, other than the trees that now line the center strip, and a greater variety of shops and restaurants, it still looks the same as it did when I lived there *mumble mumble* years ago. The same store that I used to walk to as a little girl, still sits on the corner. The house I lived in growing up is for sale now. I would love to walk through it and see how it has changed.
2. What song makes you laugh?
I love the comedian, Tim Hawkins. His humor is clean, but very funny. If there are any guys reading this post, take notes!
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
No, I am not a fan.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
I admit, I will tell a small lie if the truth will hurt. Have you ever seen the movie "The Invention of Lying?" If you haven't, I will try not to ruin the movie for you. There were many parts of the movie that bothered me, but the beginning was rather funny, when everyone told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It really makes you think of how often we "lie" to spare others feelings. I mean, do we really want to know that the outfit we have on makes us look fat? Or, that the new haircut, that we can do nothing about at this point, makes us look ugly? I have pretty thin skin, so please, lie to me :)
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? Family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
No, I won't be attending any. Family reunions don't bother me. I look forward to those! I have many fond memories of our annual family reunions.
High school ones? Eeek! I have been to several of Hubs'. I did not go to the same school as he did, so I really didn't know very many people. It was neat to meet some of the people he used to hang out with. There is a feeling of dread that comes with it though. LOL
I attended five different high schools in four years (we moved a lot) so the class I graduated from, I only attended for one year. It was a large class, so I didn't know a whole lot of people. I did actually attend a reunion a few years back with the class that I went to school with all through elementary, middle, and part of high school. It was nice to see everyone again. I had not seen many of them since Freshman year.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
Definitely hydrangeas! They are one of my favorite flowers. I especially love the ones that have multi-colored blooms on them.