Sunday, July 3, 2011

Everything



We sang this song at church today. This happens to be one of my favorite songs, and every time we sing it, it makes me choke up a bit. Certain songs just speak to me, and this is one of them.




We started a new series at church about what it means to be "radical". When we think of the word radical, we think of someone who is crazy, or obsessed. But, do you know that the word comes from the Latin word "radicalis" which means, root; from it's root.




From it's root.




"Just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to live in obedience to him. Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him."


Colossians 2:6-7 (NLT)




"May your root go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand...how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God."


Ephesians 3:17-19 (NLT)




"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit."


Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NLT)




I want to be like a tree planted by the water. I want my roots to reach deep. I don't want to be a wishy-washy Christian. I want to stand strong in times of trouble.




I want Christ in me to shine through.




I want Jesus to be my everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment