Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nuts About Hodgepodge




1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?

My favorite memory would have to be when my niece was here visiting us. She lives with her mother, so we only get to see her twice a year. She and my youngest daughter are the same age, and are very good friends. It's sad that they don't get to see each other more often.



Most of the cousins eating cake on the porch. Notice my youngest daughter's wonderful "acting" skills with her piece. Yet, she doesn't want to be in plays. Go figure.





2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?

My favorite nut is an almond. They are good eaten plain, but are super delicious when you add them to desserts!


3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?

Going on a carousel. It just makes me feel absolutely sick anymore.


4. How would you describe your sense of humor?

Sarcastic and witty ;)


5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?

I found this site and took one of the questions I found from it.

Q: Is it raining outside?
A: Does it ever rain inside?


6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.

I still love roller skating. I'm not as good as I used to be, but I can still hold my own at roller skating parties. I really prefer roller blading though.


7. What's your most sentimental possession?

I have so many! That's really the main reason I have for keeping something around. If I have a hard time getting rid of something, it is usually because it has sentimental value.

One, is my daughters' hospital bracelets from the day they were born. I like to take them out and look at them once in a while. It's hard to believe they were ever that tiny!

Second, would be the letters from Hubs from when we had a long distance relationship. They are so sweet, and when I look at them, it brings me right back to that time in my life.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

We just celebrated my oldest daughter's 15th birthday with an "80's" themed party. You can read all about it here.


13 comments:

  1. Hey! I hopped over from the hodgepode. Great answers (also love your question in #5-so silly). I am a big fan of the 80's theme. In my sorority one of our functions was Eighties Prom. So much fun, your daughter and her friends look like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the party was a success...looks like lots of fun! (and lots of girls!!) I was going to mention my daughters sorority 80's prom but I see my daughter beat me to it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. An 80s party?!!?! That's so exciting!

    That first picture made me smile. It reminded me of my relationship with one of my cousins - great memories. I'm glad they were able to see each other this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saved the hospital bracelets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. The party WAS a lot of fun. And, very tiring. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by ;) I love the post and pictures today.

    Blessings
    Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your answers. Really sweet pictures. I know I hold on to many things that just mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of all of the kids eating cake really impressed me. Good idea for a photo and one you can take every year and compare. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is beautiful..
    Thanks for stopping by "Bears at Home".
    I have letters my husband and I wrote to each other before we married over 44 years ago. WoW, I wonder why I didn't think of that... I used to have the baby bracelets in the children's baby books but I believe I gave those books to the children.
    Have a blessed day,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you.. THanks for stopping by the other day.. Oh you have a nice family.. I loved the 80's themed party that is a fun one.. I hope you have a great day.. I love almonds too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love almonds!!! Anyway you can eat them - they are delicious! I like taking raw almonds and toasting them in the oven - great on top of cakes or on ice cream - or just all by themselves!!

    I'm with you on the sentimental issue - I'm going to have to find a way to make my house bigger to accommodate all my sentimentality!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful daughters you have! Anyhow thanks for your kind words about my dog, she was 16 and died of old age. I've had her since 1998, she was from Dogs for the Deaf so she was 3 years old when we got her. I am in the process of getting another dog from DFD. I am hard of hearing, that is the kind of dog thats perfect for me! Though the wait is kind of long. It'll probably be about 6 months or a year til i get a new pup. I can wait, i am really patient. Right now i have two cats and 3 chickens to look after. ;) Have a great day! -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nikki, I did not realize that they had Dogs for the Deaf. What a neat idea! You are much more patient than I am. I tend to want things....yesterday ;)

    Expats, that sounds like a great idea to take their pic on the porch each year :)

    ReplyDelete