Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Nuts About Hodgepodge
1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?
My favorite memory would have to be when my niece was here visiting us. She lives with her mother, so we only get to see her twice a year. She and my youngest daughter are the same age, and are very good friends. It's sad that they don't get to see each other more often.
Most of the cousins eating cake on the porch. Notice my youngest daughter's wonderful "acting" skills with her piece. Yet, she doesn't want to be in plays. Go figure.
2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right?
My favorite nut is an almond. They are good eaten plain, but are super delicious when you add them to desserts!
3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
Going on a carousel. It just makes me feel absolutely sick anymore.
4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
Sarcastic and witty ;)
5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question?
I found this site and took one of the questions I found from it.
Q: Is it raining outside?
A: Does it ever rain inside?
6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.
I still love roller skating. I'm not as good as I used to be, but I can still hold my own at roller skating parties. I really prefer roller blading though.
7. What's your most sentimental possession?
I have so many! That's really the main reason I have for keeping something around. If I have a hard time getting rid of something, it is usually because it has sentimental value.
One, is my daughters' hospital bracelets from the day they were born. I like to take them out and look at them once in a while. It's hard to believe they were ever that tiny!
Second, would be the letters from Hubs from when we had a long distance relationship. They are so sweet, and when I look at them, it brings me right back to that time in my life.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We just celebrated my oldest daughter's 15th birthday with an "80's" themed party. You can read all about it here.