Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Lazy Day Hodgepodge
1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?
* I am so glad that Joyce provided us with a list, because I had NO idea what they were! I think I would like to work for the Administration for Children and Families. I saw there was an adoption section, and I would love to help families find each other through adoption.
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
* It can be very difficult to forgive someone, when they are not sorry for what they have done. The Bible says in Matt. 6:14-15 "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." (NIV)
So....I forgive. With God's help.
3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
* I love stuffed shells! It is a super easy, and delicious meal to make. This is one of my family's favorite dishes :)
4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too.
* No, I probably will not. I have a lot of work to do around here, and I am desperately trying to win books for school on eBay, so I must be vigilant. Ha!
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children?
* I always enjoyed going back-to-school shopping with my Mom. We would get new clothes and school supplies.
Since we homeschool, and the dress code is pretty casual around here, I don't really buy my kids all new school clothes. They get new clothes throughout the year whenever they need them, instead of right at the start of school.
I do make sure to buy new pencils, paper, folders, notebooks, etc. for them. It is always fun to start the year out with new things!
We always take the girls' picture on the first day of school. It is fun to look back at the end of the year and see how much they have changed from the first day.
6. Write a summer tongue twister.
* Billy is balancing bouncing beach balls by the boardwalk.
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?
* I HATE needles! I look away whenever I have to get my blood drawn. No, I would NOT want to observe a surgery. I can't even bear to watch surgeries on t.v.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
* My youngest daughter just informed me that she thinks I need to start practicing making "harder" cakes ( I just made her a Barbie cake. You can read all about it in my previous post) so that I can make her a "homemade" wedding cake. She hates the taste of "bought" ones.
She told me that she likes this one.
Hmmm.....better start practicing. She is only 9 years old, so I think I have a few more years. I think it's funny that she chose the one called "Drama in Pink and Black" because the word "Drama" should be her middle name.