For those of you who have been following along with my homeschooling series, I'm going to take a break for some Wednesday Hodgepodge. Never fear, the homeschooling series will be continued.
1. Using what's in your fridge right now, what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute?
I just recently went grocery shopping, so there are many possibilities! Since I am currently making dinner, I would just add a bit extra to the leftovers we are having. Last night, I made creamy chicken and rice, which my oldest daughter BEGGED me to make. It is rather tasty if I do say so myself. Just something I threw together one time on a whim, but it has become a family favorite.
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?
I hope that some day, I will not care so much about what other people think.
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
I hope I never lose the ability to sing. I enjoy singing, and I feel like it is one of the talents that God has given me. That doesn't mean that I want to try out for "America's Got Talent" though.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?
I usually send serious cards. I'm not sure why, since I tend to live my life with a bit of humor.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
Definitely bird watching. They are so entertaining! I especially love watching my cockatiel, Howie. Here is a picture of him. Isn't he just the cutest little thing? I ♥ him!
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
Oh my, yes! Before I hit "post" I will more than triple check each word, to make sure that it is spelled correctly, sounds right in the sentence, and is the best way that I could have said something. I still make mistakes though. Grrr.
7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
Anywhere there are a lot of people. When we went to "Sea World" and I was patiently waiting for the rest of the family to get off one of the rides, I enjoyed watching all of the different families that were there. Sometimes, I make up stories about the people that I see. I have a pretty active imagination :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's almost back to school time! I am doing a series of blog posts about homeschooling, and what we, as homeschoolers, wish you knew about us. Care to read it? Go here, for the first post in the series.