Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Hodgepodge




1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?

Adventurous
Frustrating
Hopeful


2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?

I do not like shrimp at all. Therefore, there isn't a favorite way I like it prepared. Ha!


3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?

Sort of. Our tree is down, and most of the decorations. We still have our Christmas cards hanging up, my snowman collection is out, and a few odds and ends that haven't gotten put away yet. We took the tree and most of the stuff down a few days before the new year.


4. Do you like to watch scary movies?

NO. Once I watch a scary movie, I cannot get it out of my mind. I prefer to watch comedies.


5. Ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?

Sledding. Although, I don't really go all that much anymore. The last time I went sledding, I cracked my tail bone on the ground and suffered for weeks! It stinks getting older...


6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.

We had a circle table in the hallway that had a tablecloth on it. I remember going under there when I just needed to get away from it all. I would read books and write in my diary. Since I shared a room with my sister, it was the perfect spot to go to when I needed some time alone.


7. What's a place or space that motivates you?

It's not really a place or a space, but whenever I watch shows like "Hoarders" or "Clean House", it makes me want to clean and throw stuff away!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Here are some pictures of my girls having fun in the snow.

Happy New Year, everyone!



















11 comments:

  1. Look at all the snow you have!!! Yikes!!! I especially love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about snowman decorating your house. That isn't Christmas, it is winter decorating. So keep it out for a couple of months. That's what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with your #4. Good clean, romantic comedies are my favorites.
    A big ouch on #5! That would definitely take the sails out me ever sledding again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snow pics. Beautiful smiles on your girls. I can relate to the need to get away for alone time ; I shared a room with sisters for six months at a time, and then we'd get our own room for six months. But hiding under tables was just so easy back then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracked tailbone is no good! And I love comedies also. They are just so much more enjoyable. Enjoy Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sledding pictures. I really miss the snow and feel like my kids are missing out on some great childhood fun. I do think that for adults sledding is an accident waiting to happen... which is too bad because I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! so I'm not the only one who doesn't like shrimp!! lol I prefer comedies, too! Oh and...enjoyed the pics! :) ...and we share similar childhood hiding spots! haha!! Hope you have a great 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your answers. Sweet photos and I love snow angels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching Hoarders makes me want to go and clean the person's house! How can people live like that?

    I enjoyed your snow pictures since we never get to see any actual snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a huge snow in October (18 inches) but haven't seen anything more than a dusting since. I'm not complaining though : ) I'm sure we'll see plenty before winter is over. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like your girls had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete