Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Miraculous Hodgepodge





1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?

No, I did not watch. When I was a little girl, I never missed watching a pageant. Now that I'm an adult, I will watch it if I remember it is on, but if I miss it, that's OK too. To be honest, watching the pageants just makes me feel bad about myself. All of those girls are so young and beautiful, and they don't have an ounce of fat on them. Of course, they probably haven't had a decent meal or a single dessert in months in order to look like that.

If I was a contestant, for the talent portion, I would sing.

2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?

I do have a few real houseplants. However, I would not say that I have a "green thumb". I can keep them alive OK, but they definitely don't thrive like they do at my Mom's house. I have given her several of my plants that I thought were past the point of no return, in hopes that she could convince them to live. She revived them, and they are now growing in leaps and bounds! She really doesn't do anything different than I do. They just seem to like her better...


3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?

That would totally depend on what class I was in. If it was Math or Science, I would hide and pray that I wasn't called on. If it was any of the other classes, I would raise my hand, as long as I knew the answer.


4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?

I love beef with broccoli. I never order anything else!


5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?

A miracle to me is something that happens that seems to be impossible.

Something along the lines of this story.

Right now, I am praying for a miracle for my friend's mother who has stage 4 lung cancer. Would you please join me in praying for a miracle for this dear lady? Thanks so much!


6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.





7. I should have _____________ yesterday.

eaten more vegetables


8. Insert your own random thought here.

If I ever start to feel like I am bit strange for some of the things I do, I just need to watch an old episode of "Wife Swap". Have you seen some of these shows? Just where do they find all of these weirdos? The girls and I were watching a Wife Swap marathon last night, and there was a lady on there who communed with Mother Earth by dressing up like a fairy, smearing dirt all over herself, and talking to the plants in the forest. She told them that they were equal to her in every way. She even went so far as to regularly eat dirt, so she could TRULY become "one" with the Earth.

Kind of makes my little idiosyncrasies seem minor in comparison.

ABC has brought back Wife Swap, but this time, with celebrities switching places. Since we all know that celebrities tend to lead some pretty strange lives, it should make for some entertaining TV.....

8 comments:

  1. The story about the mom & her two daughters in that car accident who were rescued successfully is nothing short of a miracle. That's pretty unbelievable! Visiting today via Wednesday Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was a miracle that those in the car were rescued. Miracles are happening around us all the time, if we just take the time to notice. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rescue story was amazing! I think like you...I often congratulate myself for not being as quirky as some of the people I hear about in the news or celebs I see on tv. It probably shouldn't make me feel better but it does : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly how I feel about the beauty pageant. Beef and broccoli is a great choice, we like that too. That's a wonderful song from Mary Poppins! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amiee,
    How are you feeling? I left you an award on my blog. You will have to check out todays post for the details. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tami, I am feeling much better, thanks for asking! Still not 100%, but much better than before :)

    Thanks for the award! I am now following you. I thought that I was following you before, but I guess I wasn't :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I like your blog. I found it on Tami's Award list. The story about the car accident is realy a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Regula :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete