Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Findings

It's.....Friday!

Back home, the kids are all enjoying a fun-filled snow day. Here, we are experiencing temps in the low 60's, so no snow day for my girls. School continues on. I'm such a mean mother ;)

I thought I would tell you a few things I have noticed about this new place that I am calling "home" for the next two months.

* At home, I live in a very quiet neighborhood. Here, I live in a packed subdivision, with neighbors all around. I thought that I would constantly be hearing the neighbors, since they are so close, but I am pleasantly surprised to find that I can't hear anything, unless they are talking outside on the porch area. The walls here must be pretty thick!

* People with dogs are required to pick up their dog's "presents" or they risk being fined. They even provide nice little green baggies to make it easy for you. Do you think that stops people from leaving their dog's droppings on the ground for others to possibly step in? Nah.

* My favorite store (Goodwill) is literally within walking distance from me. If you haven't been to a GW lately, you should go! They not only have clothes and household accessories there, but they also have books. I don't know about the GW here, but at the store in my town, books are 4 for $1.00! There is a treasure trove of books just waiting there to be discovered.

* There is also a really nice shopping mall within a mile or so from our house. Since we live in a small town, we have to drive almost an hour to get to a mall where we live. Here? It's just down the road a bit.

* In order to get to the mall, you have to turn left, on a busy street, where there is NO stoplight. I mean, the stoplights are there....they just don't work. Yet. They are apparently new, and currently, not operating.

* We only live about 15-20 mins. from my cousins, so we will get to spend lots of time with them! This is the closest we have lived to them in the 3 years we have been coming to Florida.

* There are all sorts of fun things to do here! Tomorrow, Hubs is going to take the older girls to a concert, and Monday, we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry. They are featuring a "Festival of Chocolate", where they will be passing out samples of all different kinds of goodies. YUM!

* It is wonderful to see plants again. In Florida, they have so many different types of plants that we just can't grow in our state, because of how cold it gets.

* This pleasant little pond is within walking distance. Palm trees!



* We are all enjoying the nice weather, and being able to take walks again.

* Just because we are in a new place does not mean that my girls fight less...... or listen more.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. It sound wonderful. So glad your having a nice time. Have fun eating chocolate!

    ReplyDelete