Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Secret To Success Hodgepodge



It's been awhile since I have participated in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but I am linking up with Joyce once again :)
 1. What's something you miss about the 1980's? If you're too young to miss the 80's how about the 90's?

I miss being able to eat anything I wanted and not gain weight. I had such a hard time gaining weight as a child. The doctor told my Mom to let me eat anything I wanted, and to even give me shakes to help me gain weight. I once had a teacher come up to me, and ask me if I was anorexic! I ate like a horse, and still couldn't gain weight. I didn't know how good I had it back then. Sigh...

2. Do you have a library card? If so, how often do you visit?
Yes, I do. I don't use it as often now that I have a Nook. I love my Nook! So many free books, and not enough time to read them all.

Of course, now that I have already bought one, or rather, been given one for my birthday, they have come out with a Nook Simple Touch that has a glow light. See? They always improve upon things AFTER I get them. I have to use a book light to see MY Nook in the dark.


3. What's the secret to success?
There are many possible answers to this, but since I have a high school daughter who is thinking towards college, I will answer it like I am talking to her. Success in a career is doing something you love, and getting paid to do it!

4. This is National Backyard Games week...what's your favorite backyard game?

We love playing Ladder Ball. It is a game that kids and adults can play together. And.... if just adults are playing.....well then, you can have some friendly competition!

5. If I dropped by today what would I find on your coffee table?
School books! Even though my kids all have desks of their own, it seems like the coffee table is where they choose to keep them.

6. Do you own a bicycle? When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Is that something you enjoy?
I own one, but I don't ride it. It needs the brakes fixed.

7. What's your favorite cheese?
Colby Jack, hands down! I have even said (jokingly) that if I ever have a son, that is what I would name him :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are all looking forward to seeing my oldest daughter dance in her recital this weekend. Last weekend, I attended my little four year old niece's dance recital. She looked so adorable in her little tutu, and it made me remember how my daughter looked in hers at that age. Now, she is in high school, and only has two more years until she graduates.

Time sure does fly by....

11 comments:

  1. LadderBall looks fun. I had never heard of it before. Enjoy the dance recital :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! We played it at a friend's house, and decided to buy one for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ladder Ball. It's so much fun!
    I was one of those skinny girls in HS. My 'eat whatever I want' phase ended when I had kids. I miss those skinny jeans! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the good ole' days, huh? lol Now, I'm on Weight Watchers :P

      Delete
  4. That is absolutely true for #1, I loved eating. Yes that is success! I have never seen ladder ball. I buy colby/jack often.
    Enjoy the recital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colby Jack is the BEST cheese eaten plain. Unfortunately, it also has a lot of Weight Watchers points :(

      Delete
  5. I have never played ladder ball. It does look interesting. Unfortunately I have always had to battle weight, even when I was a kid. I am waiting for the magic pill that will let you eat what you want and not gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find that "magic pill" let me know! Although, I'm sure that it would eventually be recalled for causing cancer or something :P

      Delete
  6. Ladder Ball that's new to me. I do remember not putting on weight though - shame it doesn't last into middle age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being skinny is wasted on the young! lol ;)

      Delete
  7. I was exactly the same way as a kid. Not so much anymore : ) Enjoy the recital...I do miss the days of little girls in ballet costumes. We have a closet full I'm saving for grandgirls one day.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete