Tuesday, December 13, 2011
1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?
No. I don't decorate the bathrooms or the bedrooms. I decorate the family room, living room, dining room, and kitchen.
2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?
Maybe Sweden? I have heard that out of these countries, they have the best chocolate :)
3. What does the word faith mean to you?
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose?
I can't really pinpoint an exact day or age, but back in elementary school, I remember that we used to have a whole lot of fun just by simply playing. My sister and I would play school, and I would be the teacher, and she would be the student. We would play house, and pretend like we were camping in the wilderness in our very long closet. As I mentioned before, my brother and I would play Legos and Lincoln Logs. We would play marbles and ride bikes. We would climb trees with the neighbor kids, and build entire cities out of paper. And, we absolutely loved playing "Oregon Trail" on their computer. So, any day that I didn't have to go to school, and could just play with my brother, sister, and friends would be just fine!
5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.
At a wedding I went to this summer. One of my favorite ways to have punch is pretty easy to make. You just mix white grape juice with Sprite or 7up. Simple and very elegant looking.
6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?
We sure do! They are always opened up before the gifts under the tree.
7. What takes your breath away?
A picture of a newborn baby. I just had a new niece born today, and my sister in law posted her picture on Facebook. It's amazing to think that one minute, she was inside of her mother's womb, and the next minute, she's out in the world, breathing air. Such a little miracle!
8. Insert your own random thought here
My medical saga continues. Now, they think my problems may not be asthma at all, but something to do with my heart. So, I have to go in Thursday for a heart catheterization. I am trying not to freak out too much, but as I am NOT a fan of needles in any way, this is making me quite nervous. I'm trusting God that He will take care of me though. He promised never to leave us, nor forsake us, and I am holding on to that promise! Please keep me in your prayers, and pray that this trypanophobic (person who is afraid of needles) will be so heavily sedated (they don't put you to sleep, just sedate you), that I won't even know my own name, and that I can just sleep through the whole thing!