Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Hodgepodge



1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?

In our family, one person never does ALL the cooking. We each have certain things that we bring. I will be making the Christmas ham, chocolate dream delight, and bringing pop.

This year, we are having Christmas dinner at my sister's house instead of ours. There will be fourteen people seated around the table....err...around the house. There isn't a big enough table for all of us in ANY of our homes!

We are having ham, potatoes, corn, salad, angel eggs (the same thing as deviled eggs, but we call them that instead :), pickles and olives, rolls, my chocolate dream delight dessert and whatever desserts everyone else brings! No shortage of food at our gatherings for sure! We always make too much, but that makes for tasty leftovers, so it's all OK.


2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?

Buckeyes!



Now, I have to be honest here and say that I have never made these. My Mom always makes them, and then brings them to my house. So see? There is need for me to make them! I told her that this year, she should try to make them with crunchy peanut butter. I think they would be even better that way!


3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)

I don't really like to drink milk plain, so no. We drink 2% milk in this house.


4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?

I usually like to see an actual person named, not just a general one.

I agree with Barbara Walters.

Steve Jobs: Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person of the Year for 2011 - ABC News


5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?

Well, the girls like to play "Flashlight Tag" so they use them then, but other than that, we used one during our last big storm when the power went out. No, we can never find a working one when we REALLY need it! Nor can we ever find the candles. We are not the most organized around these parts. Sigh.


6. Candy canes...yum or yuck?

I like them, but it's not like I just have to have them.


7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?



I love the part that says:

Then rang the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

It reminds me that I serve a LIVING God. He is not dead, nor does he sleep. Amen!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

The next step in my medical "journey" is to have a sleep study done at the hospital on Thursday night. I have to arrive at 7:30 p.m. I told the lady on the phone that I sure hope I am not going to be required to go to sleep at 7:30! I am a huge night owl, and it is nothing for me to go to bed at 12 or 1, sometimes even 2 in the morning. She said that I will be allowed to watch TV until 10, and then lights out is at 11.

Sounds sort of like camp. Ha!

Other than being a little weirded out about being "watched" while I sleep, I am not concerned about this test. NO needles will be involved. Yay!

Happy Sleeping....

12 comments:

  1. I hope you get some definitive results from the sleep study. I would feel funny being watched, too and I'm a night owl as well. I think you should do some really weird things for them to watch, or just totally gross them out by pretending to pick your nose and wipe it on the sheets. Babahahahaha. Maybe make snow angels in the bed or count sheep out loud! Okay, good night. I'm getting punchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds weird to have someone watching you while you sleep. My friend had a sleep apnea study done on her. She said they made is very pleasant, even the room she slept in was decorated as a true bedroom. Good luck to you Amiee! Enjoy your holidays with your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! Good luck with your sleep study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Casting Crowns version is one of my absolute favorites. Good luck with the sleep study and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been by in a few days, so I've been "catching up" with you.

    So glad the heart cath is behind you, and that all is well there. The sleep study should be a "walk in the park" after that, except for having lights out at 11. LOL

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know just what is the "Chocolate Dream Delight"?!!!

    I have two separate posts today:

    1] New Orleans Conclusion
    and
    2] WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

    Hope your day, so far, has been a glorious one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I make a teeny suggestion? The black bar where you click to comment is really hard to read and difficult to find for firt timers. =D

    Buckeyes, I love them! I make these only I use white chocolate. Have you tried this? It's great! We actually like it better than the milk chocolate. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your sleep study! I am a night owl too so lights out at 11 would be tough :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buckeyes are so good, my mom used to make them. Good luck with the sleep study. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zoanna, you are too funny :P

    Tami, I have heard the room is VERY nice, with a comfortable bed!

    Hootin Anni, maybe I should post the recipe? ;)

    Cathy, I made a few adjustments. I hope that helps :) I really don't know what I am doing, and I just use a free template. I haven't really figured out how to do many of the things I know I could do! I still can't figure out how to add an email me button. Sigh. I told my husband about making the Buckeyes with white chocolate, and he thought that was a wonderful idea!

    Thanks everyone, I will keep you posted on what I find out from the sleep study!

    Merry Christmas to all of you, too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those buckeyes look delish! It is nice that you all bring something for Christmas dinner. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for everything to run smoothly tomorrow.
    Hooray for no needles!! That is a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete