Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Be Our Guest Hodgepodge




1. Will you be hosting any house guests between now and the end of December? Does that thought make you happy or crazy? Do you do anything special for your guests to make them feel at home? How long should a house guest stay?

The only "house guests" I will be hosting, will be for our annual Christmas Eve party, and they won't be spending the night.

Although, we will be celebrating my middle daughter's 13th birthday party in Dec., even though her birthday isn't until the middle of Jan. (more on that later), and there will probably be some girls spending the night for that.

I have never had any spend the night type of guests in December, and I guess that makes me a little bit happy. December is a rather crazy time around here, and not just because of Christmas!

When we have guests spend the night, I always make sure that they have everything they need, and fix them special food. We always make sure that they know how much we appreciate them being with us, and try to make them feel as welcome as possible.

I think how long guests should stay is really determined by how much you enjoy having them around ;) I would never tell anyone that they had to leave within a certain time though!


2. Walter Elias Disney was born this week (December 5) back in 1905 ...what's your all time favorite Disney movie? Here's a list in case you're struggling...and yes, you have to pick one.

Oh my word! I have to pick just ONE?! I guess I would say "Beauty and the Beast". I especially love the song "Be Our Guest" where all the dishes start singing and dancing, and then they serve Belle dinner. Why can't my dishes serve ME dinner?? Not sure I would think the "gray" stuff was delicious though. I tend to be a rather picky eater.




3. What was the last thing you purchased that you realized was a mistake after the fact?



In theory, this sounds like such a great product! However, when I got it home, I just couldn't get it to work. Your hair has to be SUPER thick in order for the "bump it" not to show.


4. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?




It varies from year to year. This year, maybe 25%.


5. Amaryllis-snowdrop-poinsettia...your favorite winter blossom?





Poinsettias! At our church, you can purchase a poinsettia plant in honor or in memory of someone. Then, they are lined up around the altar, for the whole church to enjoy. They make the church look so beautiful, especially at our Christmas Eve candlelight service.


6. What is one thing on your personal Christmas wish list? I think we all want peace on earth so let's make this answer an actual item.





There really aren't very many things on my Christmas wish list. I am a very easy to please kind of person. Let's see....I did ask for a new crock pot, some pj's, a nice cozy soft blanket, some new snowmen for my collection, oh yeah...and peace on earth. Ha!


7. If you could only use one word today what would it be?




Indecision. We have so many decisions that need to be made around here that my head is swimming!

8. Insert your own random thought here.



Here is our newest family picture. It only took 60 tries to get it right :)







5 comments:

  1. Your family picture is GORGEOUS! and I have a snowman collection too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family photo...your girls look a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family photo! I agree with your answer in regards to guests :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your family photo :) We need to get new ones done and I part dread it because getting three boys to sit still for even 5 minutes can be a challenge especially when one of them is 2 1/2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers. Indecision is a great word! Love your new family photo.

    ReplyDelete