Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Beginning

So, for quite some time now, my oldest daughter has been wanting me to start a blog. I certainly read enough of them! One of my "hobbies" is reading blogs. But, what to write about? I have decided my blog will be about a little of everything. Sort of like my life.

Why did I choose the name "Promises and Secrets?" It does sound rather mysterious, hmm? I thought of all of these other great names to use, but they were already taken. Hubs wanted me to use "Living Life With The Top Down", as we like to go cruising in the convertible, but, I wasn't sure how that would sound. That's me. Always worried about what people will think. That one wasn't taken though. Ha! I typed in lyrics to songs. Taken. Catch phrases. Taken. Too cutesie. Too lame. Too hard to remember.

I came across the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Our church did a study on it years ago, and just recently, I decided to read it again. Flipping through the pages, I came to a page that listed Psalm 25:14 in the Bible that says, "Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises" (Living Bible). Promises and secrets...

3 comments:

  1. Awesome....looking forward to the promises and secrets. And now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very first comment! Thanks, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did The Purpose Driven Life years ago also. I am not churched now but have a wonderful relationship with God. So glad you started a blog. I think you will love it and the ideas will just flow from you.

    ReplyDelete