Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Spring Is In The Air Hodgepodge
1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?
I enjoy working in the yard....sometimes.
My favorite garden chore is watering the plants. Although, if it was totally left up to me, our plants would probably die. I am not that great about remembering to water them.
Thankfully, I married someone who loves working outside, and takes great pride in our yard. I never have to beg him to mow the grass, and he wouldn't even dream of letting the grass grow so tall that it goes to "seed".
My least favorite thing? Weeding.
2. What puts a spring in your step?
When I have something exciting that I am working on, usually some sort of project. I am always an eager starter to something, but when it ceases to be fun, my spring has sprung. Ha!
3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
Any time that one of my girls has been in some sort of trouble. Like, when my oldest started choking on a pretzel. Or, when my middle daughter had her forehead gashed open. Or, when my youngest had a seizure when her fever spiked too high.
4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
I like my carrots raw, dipped in ranch dressing.
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
I take them, but not for myself. I never use those things, unless I have forgotten my own from home. I take them for Hubs. He is not picky, and will use anything.
6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
It's not really a team or a club, but we belong to a local homeschool co-op. It allows the girls to be able to hang out with other homeschool kids, and be involved in some fun classes.
I enjoy it because I have been able to meet some other Moms that are in the same boat as I am. I have developed some deep friendships, and have been given encouragement just when I have needed it most.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
Yes, but I don't think that it is a good idea.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I promised in a previous hodgepodge, that in March, I would share how Hubs and I met, and ended up getting married. It's kind of a long story, so I am writing it in parts. Want to read the first part? Go here.